Skip to main content

Making a comeback

I never really used this place too often, but I should make an effort to work it out.

I'll try for a post a week until the season starts up, and from then on, if I'm in the country and able to watch Canucks games, I'll make a post after every game I watch.

If I'm not in the country, I'll carry on with a post per week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canucks sign forward Micheal Ferland to four-year deal

Sportsnet Odd to see this guy in a Canucks uniform, but he's not a terrible player. The term and value isn't bad, but this new contract places the Canucks under pressure to find a way to sign Boeser. A long-term contract for Boeser is probably out for now. It may be something short-term, unless the Canucks find cap space by sending out a draft pick or prospect along with a bad contract. Does Ferland make the Canucks better? Well, he moves the needle a little: In analysis, he'll do well in a second or third line role. He's being paid for that level too, so it's a good contract. However, the Canucks are really doing things backwards here. Boeser's contract should've been priority number one. Then the team should've brought in role players such as Ferland. Update: NMC for the first two years. Yeah, dunno why the Canucks gave him that. If he wanted that, the Canucks should've driven down his salary further then. But NMC's should really be ...

Penguins Forced to Trade Kessel to Keep Malkin

The Hockey Writers Kessel's definitely on the wrong side of thirty now. He's probably going to end up much like Vanek: playing contract to contract. Not a bad end to a career, but still. The writer to this piece did sneak in what seems like Penguins side-talking to justify the trade. I honestly dislike that. Just thank the player, and move on. There shouldn't be any need to drag names through the mud. Diplomacy is an art, and a necessity.

Welcome to Casual Canuck

Casual Canuck is a place for  a casual commentary regarding the Vancouver Canucks, specifically, and the NHL, generally. I, personally, am Troy Thomas. I am somewhat a traditional writer with gonzo instincts.